Kerala is one of the most popular tourist destinations of the world. While on the tour, you will be visit the harbour city of Cochin passing through the serene backwaters of Kerala. The tour then takes you Periyar wildlife reserve where you can do the game viewing by boat, visit spice plantations and enjoy the ayurvedic massage before going to Kumarkom, the famous backwaters destination. The highlight of the tour will be the backwater cruise at Kumarakom with meals being served under the open sky. Kerala, also known as “God’s own country” is on the “must see places in a lifetime” by prominent travel magazine National Geographic.
Day 01- Arrive / Cochin
You will be met on arrival at Cochin International Airport and transferred to your hotel. Kochi (colonial name Cochin) is a vibrant city situated on the south-west coast of the Indian peninsula in the breathtakingly scenic and prosperous state of Kerala, hailed as 'God's Own Country'. Its strategic importance over the centuries is underlined by the sobriquet Queen of the Arabian Sea. Informally, Cochin is also referred to as the Gateway to Kerala. Overnight at Cochin.
Day 02 - Cochin
After breakfast proceed for city tour of Cochin. During the tour, you will be accompanied by a well experienced guide. You will visit some of the famous tourist places like The Dutch Palace at Mattancherry, known for its wall murals depicting scenes from the Ramayana, The Jewish Synagogue, St. Francis Church - the oldest European church in India and built by the Portuguese in 1557 and The Chinese fishing nets. Evening Kathakali dance show in a nearby theatre. Overnight at Cochin.
Day 03 – Cochin / Periyar
After breakfast drive 4 hrs through the scenic countryside dotted with plantations of rubber, cardamom, cocoa, green pepper and areca nut, to the wildlife reserve at Periyar. On arrival at Periyar check into your hotel. Afternoon free to explore the town known for spices, coffee plantations and Periyar Wild Life Reserve. Overnight at Periyar
Day 04 - Periyar
Early morning after a hot cup of tea or coffee, you will proceed for jungle excursion by boat with your naturalist to see the wildlife in Periyar Reserve. After breakfast bullock cart ride to visit tea / coffee and spice plantations. Afternoon nature walk into forest with your naturalist. Overnight at a hotel in Periyar.
Day 05 - Periyar / Kumarakom
After Breakfast drive to 4 hrs Kumarakom. Kumarakom is a cluster of little islands on the Vembanad Lake, and is part of the Kuttanad region. An enchanting backwater destination, Kumarakom offers visitors many other leisure options. One can also visit the bird sanctuary here spread across 14 acres. Egrets, darters, herons, teals, waterfowls, cuckoo, wild ducks and the migratory bird, Siberian Stork can be seen here. The panoramic backwaters here offer an ideal retreat to enjoy nature at its best. On arrival check into one of the backwater resorts for overnight stay.
Day 06 - Kumarakom / Alleppey
After breakfast board your Kettuvallum Houseboat with a bedroom and en-suite rest room for your comfort which will cruise through the backwaters passing through the lakes and lagoons, rivers and the waterways. This is the best way to explore the villages and rural life. Enjoy the chirping of birds and occasional ripples in water and savor mouth watering delicacies prepared in front of you by your Kitchen crew. Spend the night on board the houseboat.
Day 07 - Alleppey / Cochin / Departure
After breakfast transfer to airport or railway station for your onward destination.
October to March
USD 1325 per person on twin sharing basis
USD 875 per person on twin sharing basis
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis as per the hotels mentioned in the itinerary
- Daily Breakfast at all the hotels mentioned above
- All meals on the houseboat
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours by air-conditioned Car
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers
- Entrance fees to all monuments and sites as per the itinerary (one time only).
- Complimentary mineral water during the long drives
- Jungle excursion by boat with naturalist
- Visit to the spice plantation
- Kathakali Dance show in a nearby theatre
- All presently applicable taxes including service tax
- Offer is valid not valid between 20 Dec 2011 to 05 Jan 2013.
- Check-In, Check-out time in hotels is 1400 NOON
- Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary
- In case of any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly
- Flight schedule is subject to change without notice