The beautiful valley is located at the height of 11000 Feet above the sea level, deep in the heart of The High and mighty Himalayas. The valley is a rainbow of colours in August and September. After the monsoon the valley is full of thousands of varieties wild flowers of different colours, shrubs, plants and orchids. It is an awesome sight of colours with a contrasting back drop of majestic peaks and one has to be in the vicinity to see and feel the beauty. The scope for trekking in Garhwal and Kumaon region is immense. One can choose from short walks to arduous ascents to mountaineering expeditions. Valley of Flowers The trip takes you to some of the most picturesque places of the region while trekking. En route we will also be visiting some of the most religiously revered places like HemKund Sahib – a famous pilgrim centres for Sikh, Haridwar and Rishikesh – the two famous holy towns of Hindu’s and centres of Vedic learning, Yoga and meditation, along with the hill station of Pauri. One also has a chance to visit Auli, a popular winter Ski Resort offering spectacular panoramic views of the Himalayas.
This is a suggested tour. It can be tailor-made to suit your requirements.
us for a tailor made tour.
Velly of Flowers Tour-
Day 01 – Arrival / Delhi
Meeting and assistance on your arrival at the international airport and transferred to your hotel for overnight stay.
Velly of Flowers Tour- Day 02, New Delhi / Haridwar / Rishikesh (245 kms).
After breakfast drive 5 to 6 hrs to Haridwar. Lunch will be arranged enroute. On arrival check into your hotel for overnight.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 03 – Rishikesh / Joshimath (205 kms)
After an early breakfast drive to Joshimath via Devprayag. En route we will visit Dev prayag, the place where Bhagirathi and Alaknanda rivers meet. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Joshimath. Joshimath is a religious centre initially known as Jyotirmath, and founded by by Adi Shankaracharya. Later this came to be known as Joshimath. This place is known for its scenic beaty apart from its religious importance and some of the famous temples are Nav Durga and Narsingh.
Velly of Flowers Tour- Day 04, Joshimath / Govindghat (22 kms) (Trek- 14 kms)
Prepare yourself for the trekking today. After an hour’s drive to Govindghat, the starting point of the trek, we will trek for about 3 to 4 hrs covering a distance of 14 kms. We will trek along the well maintained pilgrim trail to Ghagharia. Dinner and overnight at a hotel in Ghangharia.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 05, - Ghangaria / Valley Of Flowers / Ghangria (5 kms one side)
We will depart after breakfast trekking 2 to 3 hrs, covering a distance of about 5 kms to “Valley Of Flowers” (3858 m). The valley is about 2 kms wide and 10 kms long and is full of varieties of wild flowers, shrubs, herbs and medicinal plants. One can feel the pleasure of being in the natural world here. After enjoying the beauty of valley we will trek back to Ghangaria. Dinner & overnight stay at the hotel.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 06, Ghanghria /Hemkund /Ghanghria
After breakfast we will trek along a steep climb to Hemkund Sahib (4329 m), a famous Sikh Shrine in the Himalayan Region. The Granth Sahib, the Holy book of the Sikh says that Sikh Guru Gobind Singh, in his previous life meditated on the shores of a lake surrounded by seven snow capped mountains, now recognized as Hemkund. We will trek back to Ghangaria for Dinner & overnight stay at the hotel.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 07, Ghangaria / Govind Ghat / Joshimath / Agra
After breakfast trek down to Govind Ghat. On arrival board your vehicle and drive to Joshimath. On arrival at Joshimath check into the hotel. Spend the day exploring the area Rest. Optional - One can also visit Auli in the evening. Dinner and over night stay at the hotel.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 08, Joshimath / Haridwar
We will leave early morning for Haridwar with packed breakfast. On the way visit Rudraprayag where river Mandakini and Alaknanda meet. Lunch will be arranged en route. On arrival check into you hotel for overnight stay. Haridwar, the starting point on the journey to the sacred sources of Ganga and Yamuna River, is the gateway to the four pilgrimages of Uttaranchal. This is the place where Kumbh Mela takes place after every 12 years as it is considered to be most sacred and holy town. Hindu believers visit Haridwar throughout the year to offers prayers and take a dip in the holy river Ganges to atone their sins.
Velly of Flowers Tour - Day 09, – Haridwar / Delhi
After break we will proceed for half day sightseeing tour of the holy town of Haridwar. Afternoon transfer to railway station to board your train to Delhi. Assistance on arrival and transfer to Hotel for overnight.
Velly of Flowers Tour -
Day 10, Delhi / Departure
Day 10 - Delhi Spend the morning at leisure or explore the capital city on your own. Later transfer to airport for flight to onward destination.
Tour Cost – per person on twin sharing basis (minimum of 5 person travelling)
- USD 885 Per person on twin sharing basis
(2 persons staying in a room)
Additional cost for staying in a single room USD 365per
- Complimentary Yoga sessions (available at select hotels only).
- 25% discount on spa therapies.
- Complimentary additional room for two children (up to 12 years of age), subject to availability.
- Upgrade to a suite at any one hotel for stays of 10 nights or more, (subject to availability at the time of arrival).
The offer is valid TILL 30th September, 2011
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis at the hotels, tents and rest houses during the trek.
- All meals at the camps and while on trekking. Breakfast elsewhere.
- All transfers, excursions and sightseeing tours by air-conditioned car at Delhi & Haridwar. Non air-conditioned elsewhere.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- Local English-speaking guide for sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- Mules/Porters - For carrying camping equipment, rations, vegetables and some of the personal gear (upto 15) of the clients.
- Professional trekking guide and kitchen staff would accompany the group.
- Camping equipment
- Daily breakfast at the hotels in the restaurants
- All presently applicable taxes.
Land Arrangement Exclusions
- International Airfare and related costs.
- Cost of a visa, if necessary.
- Travel Insurance.
- Tips and porterage at all hotels and tips for meals other than those included on the itinerary
- Expenses of a personal nature such as laundry, telephone/fax, alcoholic beverages, camera/video fees at monuments.
- Any other service not mentioned in the program.
- Tips to villagers volunteered for photography
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- Check- & Check-out time is 1200 NOON in hotels.
- Prices are subject to change with any increase in the cost.
- Rates include only those items specified in your itinerary.
- In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
- Passports & Visas: All visitors to India require a valid passport. A visa for entry to India is required by most nationalities. You will arrange for the Indian Visa from the Indian consulate / Embassy of your country.
The offer is valid TILL 30th September, 2011
- The Oberoi Amarvilas, Agra.
- The Oberoi Rajvilas, Jaipur.
- The Oberoi Udaivilas, Udaipur.
- Wildflower Hall, Shimla.
- The Oberoi, New Delhi.
- The Oberoi Grand, Kolkata.
- The Oberoi, Mumbai.